July 20, 2005
Jermaine came back to Manhattan a couple weeks ago, so I have been spending quite a bit of time with her lately. It's nice to have someone to hang out with again. I don't have very many friends staying in Manhattan this summer.
Last week Jermaine decided that she wanted to go eat at Famous Dave's BBQ. It opened in Manhattan earlier this year, and it was extremely popular for a while. The wait time for dinner was usually around 2 hours. I was happy to see that it had calmed down a bit now. Jermaine and I had no wait time at all. Last time I was there I couldn't find what I normally like to get at a BBQ place, but this time I found it. It was really good stuff.
Last weekend when my mom came to Manhattan to help my sister get ready to move, we decided to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Jermaine had been talking about it for quite a while. I loved the original movie, which was a musical, so I was really interested to see what this version would be like. Overall I would say that I wasn't all that impressed with the movie. The chocolate factory didn't seem as cool as it was in the original movie. There were also several parts of the story that were quite a bit different. I would like to read the book sometime to see which movie followed the orignal story more closely. I do have to say that despite it's problems Tim Burton did make a really pretty movie.
Last week Jermaine decided that she wanted to go eat at Famous Dave's BBQ. It opened in Manhattan earlier this year, and it was extremely popular for a while. The wait time for dinner was usually around 2 hours. I was happy to see that it had calmed down a bit now. Jermaine and I had no wait time at all. Last time I was there I couldn't find what I normally like to get at a BBQ place, but this time I found it. It was really good stuff.
Last weekend when my mom came to Manhattan to help my sister get ready to move, we decided to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Jermaine had been talking about it for quite a while. I loved the original movie, which was a musical, so I was really interested to see what this version would be like. Overall I would say that I wasn't all that impressed with the movie. The chocolate factory didn't seem as cool as it was in the original movie. There were also several parts of the story that were quite a bit different. I would like to read the book sometime to see which movie followed the orignal story more closely. I do have to say that despite it's problems Tim Burton did make a really pretty movie.


2 Comments:
From the trailer it looked like all white kids? What up with the lack of diversity there?
no way. that one kid fell into the chocolate river and then he was all brown.
Post a Comment
<< Home