June 30, 2005
Nothing too exciting to post about from the past couple days. When I am not working I watch quite a bit of TV and movies during the week. Lately I have been watching two new shows: Into the West and 30 Days.
Into the West is one of those shows that isn't all that great, but since I started watching it, I feel like I should keep watching it just to see what happens. Into the West is a mini-series produced by Steven Spielberg. I loved Steven Spielberg's Band of Brothers, so I was very excited when I heard about this show. I think the thing that I really don't like about Into the West is that there are so many characters and the time skips forward so fast. It makes it very difficult to care about the characters and be interested in what happens with the story.
30 Days on the other hand is a very interesting show. It was created by Morgan Spurlock, the guy that made Super Size Me (I was really mad when he didn't win the Oscar). In the show, a person spends 30 days living a different lifestyle. The first episode was about living off of minimum wage jobs, and the second episode is about the use of steroids to help middle-aged people feel younger. So far the show has been really good.
Other than watching TV and movies, I play quite a bit of Counter-Strike: Source. I usually play it at least a little bit every day, always online. My computer is 3 years old, so I have to turn the graphics quality waaaay down. Even then, it still runs like crap. I guess I just have to put up with it until I can afford a new computer. I wasn't doing very well tonight for the first half, but then I really picked it up at the end. I think I might actually be getting better though...
Into the West is one of those shows that isn't all that great, but since I started watching it, I feel like I should keep watching it just to see what happens. Into the West is a mini-series produced by Steven Spielberg. I loved Steven Spielberg's Band of Brothers, so I was very excited when I heard about this show. I think the thing that I really don't like about Into the West is that there are so many characters and the time skips forward so fast. It makes it very difficult to care about the characters and be interested in what happens with the story.
30 Days on the other hand is a very interesting show. It was created by Morgan Spurlock, the guy that made Super Size Me (I was really mad when he didn't win the Oscar). In the show, a person spends 30 days living a different lifestyle. The first episode was about living off of minimum wage jobs, and the second episode is about the use of steroids to help middle-aged people feel younger. So far the show has been really good.
Other than watching TV and movies, I play quite a bit of Counter-Strike: Source. I usually play it at least a little bit every day, always online. My computer is 3 years old, so I have to turn the graphics quality waaaay down. Even then, it still runs like crap. I guess I just have to put up with it until I can afford a new computer. I wasn't doing very well tonight for the first half, but then I really picked it up at the end. I think I might actually be getting better though...


1 Comments:
Your blog looks great! Do you and Jermaine have plans for another upcoming visit? What do your friends in Manhattan do when you're all together?
Post a Comment
<< Home