July 19, 2005
Wow, it's been quite a while since I last posted, so I should have quite a bit to talk about. I have been somewhat busy lately with my job hunt. Last week I drove to Wichita for an interview. I was just there for the day, so I didn't have much time to do anything fun. I did manage to stop by Best Buy though. I would be so much better if they had a Best Buy built in Manhattan. I heard they are working on one, and it should be here in the next year or so. Too bad I won't be around to see it.
Last time I posted was right before 4th of July, so I guess I should start by talking about how I spent the 4th. I wasn't planning on doing anything to celebrate (I'm usually not a big fan of fireworks), but my friend Chris talked to me and asked me if I wanted to do something. We went out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, which has very good hamburgers but is a little pricy for what you get.
After dinner we went to watch I, Robot at Chris' place since I no longer have any furniture in my apartment (my roommate moved out and most of the furniture was his). I had watched I, Robot earlier in the summer, but Chris hadn't seen it yet and wanted to watch it.
Once the movie was over, we had just enough time to make it to the park to watch the Manhattan fireworks. The fireworks were much more impressive than I thought they would be for a smaller city like Manhattan, but they still didn't seem all that big compared to how I remember the Wichita fireworks. It was still a good time, and it was much easier to get a good spot to watch in Manhattan than it would have been in Wichita.
I've been watching the first season of The Office recently (the American one). There are only 6 episodes in the first season, so I have pretty much watched them all now. Sometimes the show is really really funny, and sometimes it's just alright. Steve Carell is always hilarious though, and he basically acts like a complete idiot on the show, which is probably why I like it...
Last time I posted was right before 4th of July, so I guess I should start by talking about how I spent the 4th. I wasn't planning on doing anything to celebrate (I'm usually not a big fan of fireworks), but my friend Chris talked to me and asked me if I wanted to do something. We went out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, which has very good hamburgers but is a little pricy for what you get.After dinner we went to watch I, Robot at Chris' place since I no longer have any furniture in my apartment (my roommate moved out and most of the furniture was his). I had watched I, Robot earlier in the summer, but Chris hadn't seen it yet and wanted to watch it.
Once the movie was over, we had just enough time to make it to the park to watch the Manhattan fireworks. The fireworks were much more impressive than I thought they would be for a smaller city like Manhattan, but they still didn't seem all that big compared to how I remember the Wichita fireworks. It was still a good time, and it was much easier to get a good spot to watch in Manhattan than it would have been in Wichita.
I've been watching the first season of The Office recently (the American one). There are only 6 episodes in the first season, so I have pretty much watched them all now. Sometimes the show is really really funny, and sometimes it's just alright. Steve Carell is always hilarious though, and he basically acts like a complete idiot on the show, which is probably why I like it...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home